Affirmations come in handy in situations like these. An affirmation is a solemn and positive declaration that you tell yourself to create a change in the way you feel and think.
Here are some of the most common affirmations:
“I am going to be who I chose to be.”
“I love and accept myself for who I am.”
“I am healthy in my body and spirit.”
“I become better in each day in every way.”
These affirmations can improve the way you perform and relate to other people by telling your sub-conscious that you can improve even more and achieve success.
Now, to enjoy the effects of affirmations in our lives, it is good to know the right way to do the affirmations. Here are some of the helpful guidelines:
1. Come Up with an Affirmation You Will UseYou can use the affirmations above or look for one that can work for your specific needs. You can even come up with your own affirmation. All you have to do is make it powerful and convincing when you say the message to yourself.
2. State It in the Present TenseAffirmations are most effective when said in the present since they imply an event or task in the present. The present convinces you more than the future tense that is still to take place. Also, use “now” and “today” to make your sentences commanding.
3. Always Be PositiveDon’t use “no” or “not” in your sentences since they indicate the things that you have to remove. Focus more on the things that you want. Remember, affirmations have to be positive to reinforce you to the thing that you want.
4. Make It Brief and SpecificAffirmations are words that you have to repeat to yourself everyday. Make sure that you keep it short to make it easier for you to say.
Shorter sentences also have stronger impact into your subconscious mind. It keeps the ideas straightforward to the message you want or need to do.
5. Repetition Is ImportantRepetition is a key in affirmation. It is a mantra that you will have to keep telling yourself so your subconscious is convinced that you want to change.
6. Give It More EmotionYou have to have more feeling when you ay your affirmations. This will not work to your best advantage if you said it mechanically. Be passionate as you say the words to yourself and take the meaning to your heart so you won’t forget.
7. Believe and Persist Belief in the affirmations is something you will have to develop in time. It may not come right away but believing in your affirmations is a must if you want to improve.
This is also the reason why you have to persist in doing the activity. Have faith in your efforts. You have the power in your hands so just keep doing it until you feel it in yourself.
Affirmations can work to your advantage and help you turn into a more improved and productive version of yourself.
Learn how to do things properly and you will surely benefit from the positive things affirmations can give to your mind, body and spirit.